Yesterday, Chrysler Group LLC reported net income of $473 million USD for the first quarter of 2012. This was a gain of 407 percent over the $116 million USD net income that the Fiat-owned automaker reported for the same quarter in 2011. Chrysler’s numbers were boosted by a 25 percent revenue increase and a 39 percent vehicle sales increase. Chrysler also reported free cash flow of $1.7 billion in the first quarter.
By Chris Haak
Proving that its multi-year turnaround plan has clearly taken root, Ford Motor Company reported final 2009 net income of $2.7 billion, including a gain of $868 million for the fourth quarter of 2009. These numbers compare favorably, obviously, to the $14.8 billion loss for 2008 and the $5.9 billion loss for Q4 2008.
Furthermore, Ford CFO Lewis Booth raised the company’s earnings projections for 2010 and 2011. During the middle of 2009, Ford had forecast that it would be “break-even or better” in 2011, and three months ago, raised the 2011 forecast to “solidly profitable.” Now, Booth is forecasting a profitable 2010 as well.
Ford ended 2009 with with $25.5 billion in automotive gross cash and $34.3 billion in automotive debt. The debt load is reduced from prior-year levels thanks to debt restructuring that Ford tackled during 2009, but about double the level that GM has after GM’s “quick rinse” bankruptcy. In comments to reporters, Booth noted that Ford’s balance sheet still needs more work, but he is obviously very much aware of the situation that it puts Ford in relative to its competitors with relatively clean balance sheets. Continue Reading →
Please subscribe to our RSS feed, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our YouTube channel. If you like what we do and would like to support Autosavant, please consider visiting our sponsors. If you need to buy anything on Amazon, clicking on our banner first helps keep Autosavant running. Thanks!
- Long Term Test: F-150 FX4 Ecoboost Update 2 April 2, 2012
- What Happened To The 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Buried in Tulsa? Updated 2/24/2012 February 23, 2012
- Vote for Me Chrysler’s Blogger Faceoff! February 27, 2012
- Review: 2012 Hyundai Veloster 6MT Style/Tech February 24, 2012
- Long Term, The Price of Gasoline Will Keep Rising March 14, 2012
- BMW Unveils 2014 M5 Sedan, Confirms Existence Of Competition Package May 20, 2013
- Aston Martin Unveils CC100 Roadster Concept May 20, 2013
- First Look: 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class May 20, 2013
- How Wet Roads Affect Stopping Distances May 16, 2013
- BMW Teases Gran Lusso Coupe Concept Ahead Of Official Debut May 15, 2013
- Troy: I predict Buick drops the Regal in a few years. Th...
- Troy: My device started going off at totally random abou...
- Stan C: I am convinced that people think these devices mon...
- Lewis: I'm glad to see that Audi is continuing the tradi...
- kenny budden: ok,ok, ford is the best, chev is the best,whatever...