The refreshed 2014 BMW M5 is expected to arrive on dealer lots later this year, but if an intriguing report from the folks at BMW Blog is 100% accurate, the company will be offering a special package to spice up the M5′s already potent performance figures. That should please buyers that want more fun and performance from their sport sedan purchase, and who feel that 560 horsepower is not quite enough for their performance driving needs.
With the annual Worthersee Volkswagen Group Tuning Festival fast approaching, Audi engineers will be wowing the crowds in Austria this May with their latest concept vehicle the TT Ultra Quattro Concept, which was designed to showcase the company’s weight saving technologies and how they can improve performance.
Volkswagen plans to be the world’s largest automaker – a title that has been surprisingly in flux for the past several years, after three quarters of a century of GM occupying that spot – by 2018. Today the company announced another angle of how it plans to get there: expanding global production capacity in a big way. And make no mistake, at this point, it sounds extremely likely that VW will meet its 2018 goal.
In the latest twist in the fierce duel between BMW and Audi for first place in the heated global luxury car sales race, BMW has overtaken its longtime rival to regain first place after posting stronger than expected February sales numbers.
Audi has pulled the veil off of its reworked A3 E-Tron concept which will represent the brand’s latest entry in its long line of E-Tron concept vehicles when it makes its official debut at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show in March.
In its press conference late yesterday, Audi graced the stage with the 2014 Audi RS7 which is the four ringed brand’s entry in the heated high performance four door coupe segment going up against key rivals such as the also recently unveiled BMW M6 Gran Coupe and the equally formidable Mercedes CLS63 4 MATIC.
At next week’s International CES in Las Vegas (where our own Kevin Gordon will be on-site), both Toyota and Audi will show their concepts for self-driving, or autonomous cars. Some states (Nevada, California, and Florida) have approved autonomous cars on public roads, and many observers see them as welcome, or necessary, or inevitable. But are you ready for them?
Over the years, Infiniti’s management has made some head-scratching moves. The brand, launched around the same time as Lexus, decided to show rocks and trees – and not the actual products – as it launched, which led potential buyers to wonder just what the heck Infiniti was. Now, Infiniti has a decent – albeit not full – lineup consisting of the G and M cars, and EX, JX, FX, and QX crossovers, all with model names that describe their engine displacement, so it must be time to blow things up.
Following three years of hard work and development with the engineers at Bosch as well as several smaller institutes, Audi has unveiled the final product of this joint project, the Audi F12 e Performance prototype. The car showcases new materials and EV technology that could trickle down into full production in the near future.
On 14 May 2003, Mercedes announced its new 7G-TRONIC gearbox, a world’s first for an automatic gearbox with seven gears. In its day, it was something revolutionary when its competitors were either on 5-speed or 6-speed automatic gearboxes. Seven gears, Mercedes said, would vastly improve fuel consumption and acceleration.
Please subscribe to our RSS feed, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our YouTube channel. If you like what we do and would like to support Autosavant, please consider visiting our sponsors. If you need to buy anything on Amazon, clicking on our banner first helps keep Autosavant running. Thanks!
- Long Term Test: F-150 FX4 Ecoboost Update 2 April 2, 2012
- Vote for Me Chrysler’s Blogger Faceoff! February 27, 2012
- What Happened To The 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Buried in Tulsa? Updated 2/24/2012 February 23, 2012
- Review: 2012 Hyundai Veloster 6MT Style/Tech February 24, 2012
- Complaints About the Names of Cars January 27, 2012
- Lamborghini Celebrates 50 Years With a Triple Celebration May 23, 2013
- Review: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD May 23, 2013
- Toyota Reclaims Most Valuable Car Brand Title From BMW May 21, 2013
- BMW Reveals Facelifted 2014 5 Series Lineup May 21, 2013
- BMW Unveils 2014 M5 Sedan, Confirms Existence Of Competition Package May 20, 2013
- Troy: I predict Buick drops the Regal in a few years. Th...
- Troy: My device started going off at totally random abou...
- Stan C: I am convinced that people think these devices mon...
- Lewis: I'm glad to see that Audi is continuing the tradi...
- kenny budden: ok,ok, ford is the best, chev is the best,whatever...