News like this gives gearheads the world over reason to rejoice. Jaguar will reportedly be creating more high performance “R-S” and “R-S GT” models of both current and future cars. Similar in philosophy to the manic Black Series range from Mercedes-Benz and the M-cars from BMW, Jaguar’s R-S and R-S GT packages will bestow increasingly higher levels of performance to each model.
Even though the 2013 Ford Fiesta is not as strong in overall sales as Ford first thought it would be when it arrived on our shores a few years ago, the tiny subcompact is succeeding in bringing in new customers for the company which should please the company as it fights for a sizable slice of the subcompact car market.
With the 2013 Worthersee Volkswagen Tuning Group Festival fast approaching, Volkswagen has unveiled several teaser sketches of its “Design Vision GTI” concept, a unique one of a kind GTI (first reported here a few days back) that showcases the pinnacle of styling and performance for the brands iconic hot hatchback as well as what could be in store for future models.
Continuing from Part I of the SMMT Test Day 2013 series, where I test drive the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, the 2013 Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC, the 2013 Toyota Auris Hybrid, the 2013 Toyota GT86 and the Toyota AE86.
I was pleasantly surprised to be invited to the 2013 Test Day of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), given our relatively minor presence among the British press. It is a great step for Autosavant, a golden opportunity to network with motor manufacturers as well as to drive the latest cars in the market.
If you’re like most people, you probably love the idea of getting a new car, but hate the process that makes it all possible. Whether it’s the fact that negotiations aren’t really your strong suit or you feel like the deck is just stacked against you (the dealers have something you want and you all know it), that feeling of dread is actually pretty common – and can easily be overcome. All you need to do is learn how to play the game.
If you need a vehicle that offers passenger space, cargo space and true versatility, a crossover or SUV may be just what you’ve been looking for. But if you’re on a budget (and really, who isn’t?) are these vehicles truly affordable? Yes – in fact, every crossover on the list below starts at $30,000 or less, and all of the full-sized SUVs start at less than $45,000. Plus, all of the vehicles offer a wide range of options and upgrades if you’re able to go above the base models – and many automakers offer incredible new car deals on vehicles with the features you want most.
According to U.S. News & World Report, some of the most affordable crossovers and large SUVs available in 2013 include:
Just in time for the 911 Turbo’s 40th anniversary, Porsche has decided to give its loyal customers and fans a special present for this important milestone by unveiling the 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo and Turbo S models which will both serve as the range-topping performance models in the 911 model family.
Following the release of several spyshots earlier this week, Chevrolet has officially confirmed that the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray will indeed be the official pace car of the 97th annual Indianapolis 500 which will take place later this month.
Following closely on the heels of sister division Audi and its recent unveiling of the lightweight TT Ultra Quattro Concept, Volkswagen has revealed that it will be bringing a more potent version of its GTI hatchback to the annual Worthersee Volkswagen Tuning Group Festival later this month.
Please subscribe to our RSS feed, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our YouTube channel. If you like what we do and would like to support Autosavant, please consider visiting our sponsors. If you need to buy anything on Amazon, clicking on our banner first helps keep Autosavant running. Thanks!
- Long Term Test: F-150 FX4 Ecoboost Update 2 April 2, 2012
- What Happened To The 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Buried in Tulsa? Updated 2/24/2012 February 23, 2012
- Vote for Me Chrysler’s Blogger Faceoff! February 27, 2012
- Review: 2012 Hyundai Veloster 6MT Style/Tech February 24, 2012
- Long Term, The Price of Gasoline Will Keep Rising March 14, 2012
- BMW Unveils 2014 M5 Sedan, Confirms Existence Of Competition Package May 20, 2013
- Aston Martin Unveils CC100 Roadster Concept May 20, 2013
- First Look: 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class May 20, 2013
- How Wet Roads Affect Stopping Distances May 16, 2013
- BMW Teases Gran Lusso Coupe Concept Ahead Of Official Debut May 15, 2013
- Troy: I predict Buick drops the Regal in a few years. Th...
- Troy: My device started going off at totally random abou...
- Stan C: I am convinced that people think these devices mon...
- Lewis: I'm glad to see that Audi is continuing the tradi...
- kenny budden: ok,ok, ford is the best, chev is the best,whatever...