The appropriately named Plymouth, Mich., once again played host to the wonderful Concours d’Elegance of America a few days ago, and the event … eh, you know what? Let’s just skip to checking out a random assortment of the many amazing vehicles that were on display.
Question: What did the Shah of Iran, Cheech and Chong, Leonid Brezhnev, and Idi Amin have in common, apart from being wild and crazy guys? Answer: They all owned at least one Citroën SM each (Idi had seven). Good taste isn’t something we associate with these gentlemen, but in this case it emerged, no doubt [...]
By Roger Boylan Do you like American compact cars? Have you ever desired an Escort, or yearned for a Chevette? I thought not. Many, if not most, of our homegrown compacts have been duds. I still shudder when I think of the Dodge Neon I once briefly owned. Not that there haven’t been some bright [...]
By Roger Boylan GM offers three versions of this pleasant vehicle: the working-stiff’s Chevrolet Equinox (previously reviewed in these pages), the fancy-pants Cadillac SRX (actually on a premium version of this platform shared with the recently deceased Saab 9-4x), and the present, modestly upscale iteration, the GMC Terrain, which was my ride for a week. [...]
By Roger Boylan All hail Prius V! Actually, that’s “V,” the letter, not the Roman numeral. The various trimlines of the Toyota Prius were once designated in dynastic fashion—Prius I, Prius II, etc.–but the new V designates “versatility,” or “versatile.” Certainly not “Vroom.” Of course, the Prius was never intended to be a driver’s car.Toyota’s [...]
By Roger Boylan Last year I reviewed a Toyota Camry SE V6 with pleasure. Since then, Toyota has completely redesigned its bread-and-buttermobile, so a week in a brand-new, jet-black Camry SE V6 seemed like a good idea. Well, what’s it like, you ask, breathless with anticipation? Good, is the answer. No: Better than good. The [...]
By Roger Boylan Last year I tested the 2011 Yaris, and liked it. This year I spent a week with the redesigned 2012 Yaris, and liked it even more. Why? Because, as Toyota tells us in its advertising slogan for the new Yaris: “It’s a car!” Say what? Sometimes, given the ubiquity of Toyotas in [...]
By Chris Haak Those of us who work for Autosavant don’t do it for the money. Believe me, we don’t do it for the money! We write for this website in order to share our passion and interest in cars and the car business with you, our readers. At the end of each year, we [...]
By Roger Boylan Get out of my way, you worms, I am the mighty Rock Warrior. Or rather, my truck is, I’m just the old coot behind the wheel. The manly moniker was invented by Toyota Racing Development, otherwise known as TRD (another mellifluous name, I think you’ll agree), Toyota’s manly—and sporty—performance research team, one [...]
By Roger Boylan It was no hardship driving a V8-powered 2011 Lexus GS460 for a week. The hardship was watching it being driven away. That brought it home that it wasn’t mine—and, at a starting price of $55K, probably never would be.
Please subscribe to our RSS feed, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our YouTube channel. If you like what we do and would like to support Autosavant, please consider visiting our sponsors. If you need to buy anything on Amazon, clicking on our banner first helps keep Autosavant running. Thanks!
- Long Term Test: F-150 FX4 Ecoboost Update 2 April 2, 2012
- Vote for Me Chrysler’s Blogger Faceoff! February 27, 2012
- What Happened To The 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Buried in Tulsa? Updated 2/24/2012 February 23, 2012
- Long Term, The Price of Gasoline Will Keep Rising March 14, 2012
- Review: 2012 Hyundai Veloster 6MT Style/Tech February 24, 2012
- China Should Skip Internal Combustion Altogether June 19, 2013
- Do You Believe in the Yeti? June 18, 2013
- Seven Maintenance Tips For a Longer-Lasting Car June 18, 2013
- BMW Unveils 2014 4 Series Coupe June 15, 2013
- Why Waze Is a Little Scary June 15, 2013
- Kevin Miller: I'm glad you found the write-up of the EyeSight s...
- Nathan: Very interesting, and merely part of the first wav...
- Don: I think it was really a Borg-Warner transmission. ...
- Fernando: 2008 VW Rabbit, I just hit 160K, bought brand new....
- Victor: Plenty of grunt with a diesel, and good fuel milea...